I was trying to find something different for dinner….different but easy. One of those “couldn’t mess this up if you tried” meals.
I read tons of different recipes for this and finally just took what I liked from all of them to make this super simple!
- Bacon (I used applewood smoked)
- Seasoning (I use McCormick Perfect Pinch Salt Free)
1. Take chicken breasts and cut them into smaller pieces. You can use a rolling pin to make them flatter. Or just buy tenderloins like I did!
2. Season both sides on the chicken. I use the McCormick because I’m no good at “a pinch of this and a pinch of that” type of cooking.
3. Roll your chicken up with the narrow tip & the rough bottom part inside.
4. While holding your piece of chicken, wrap a piece of bacon around it starting where your chicken comes together. I wrapped both directions (like a ribbon) for better coverage.
5. Place the end of the bacon down in a baking dish. If you have problems, you can hold it together with a toothpick but I didn’t need to.
6. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Then, to make your bacon crispy, broil for 10 minutes.
Add your favorite sides to this for an easy & delicious dinner. The fat from the bacon keeps this chicken super moist & tender. You could even use smaller pieces of chicken and 1/2 strip of bacon to make these an appetizer.